LGBTQ Cultural Competency Training will be offered from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, November 13 at Lighthouse Youth and Family Services, 401 E. McMillan Street.
Safe and Supported is offering free cultural competency training to assist youth-serving professionals in providing supportive and affirming care to LGBTQ young people.
Safe and Supported is adapting the Moving the Margins curriculum, developed by Lambda Legal and the National Association of Social Workers, for use in all youth serving organizations. The curriculum goes over a basic LGBTQ 101, values clarification, and skill building.
Training Goals and Objectives
• Explore personal values regarding LGBTQ youth and young adults and learn to balance personal beliefs with professional responsibilities.
• Identify issues of risk, challenges and strengths specific to LGBTQ youth, their families, other caregivers and service delivery systems.
• Develop an action plan that will develop or enhance professional and agency cultural competency.
• Increase competence in discussing sexual orientation and gender identity with youth.
• Help families and other caregivers adapt and adjust to young people’s sexual orientation and gender identity.
• To identify affirmative interventions and community resources for LGBTQ youth, their families, other caregivers and service providers.
Why train with Safe and Supported?
• Training is FREE
• 5.5 CEUs available
• Includes free technical assistance
• Improve services to LGBTQ youth
• Receive Safe and Supported certification
Light breakfast and Lunch will be provided
RSVP by contacting Evelyn Sears at 513-946-8642 or email@example.com