Cash Assistance (Ohio Works First)
- Cash assistance is a federal program providing a fixed monthly check to the kinship provider.
- Kinship caregivers may apply for cash assistance for the child or sibling group in their care.
- Your income and assets will not be considered when determining eligibility for child-only cash assistance. However, if you have little or no income, you can apply as a family.
- Child-only OWF payments are paid on a sliding scale based on the size of the sibling group.
- You must be a blood relative in order to receive child-only OWF.
- Non-relative kinship caregivers are not eligible unless they take legal custody and become the child’s guardian.
- You can apply online here. Or print out the application packet here. The completed packet needs to be mailed back to the agency in the postage paid envelope.