Kinship Permanency Incentive
- KPI is a state program designed to promote and support kinship caregivers to become guardians or custodians for children who would otherwise be at risk of harm if they remained in their own homes.
- Financial support is of a temporary nature, with payments every six months for a maximum period of four years. Payment amounts are adjusted by the state based on availability of funding. A new application is required every six months.
- Caregiver must have been awarded legal custody or guardianship on or after July 1, 2005.
- Caregiver must be a legal resident of the State of Ohio.
- Kinship placement must be approved by HCJFS (home study)
- Your income must be below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level (exclusions include documented OWF payments and up to $100/month of child support received on behalf of the child)
- Your caseworker can help you apply.
- If you have additional questions, please click here.