Kinship Permanency Incentive
The benefits for kinship caregivers include a maximum of eight payments. The first payment is $525 per child, followed by $300 payments per child every six months for the next seven payments. The maximum payment is $2,625 within a 48-month time period.
Caregivers must reapply every six months for each payment; The Kinship Permanency Incentive check is not received monthly, only one payment every 6 months, upon approval. Payments are contingent on the availability of state funds.
All criteria must be met before submitting an application.
- Legal guardianship/custody was granted to a kinship caregiver on or after 7/1/05.
- Caregiver must have an approved home assessment, conducted by JFS.
- All adults 18 to 21 years old must be fingerprinted.
- All members of the household age 12 or older must have a juvenile background check.
- The kinship caregiver’s gross household income does not exceed 300% of the 2019 federal poverty level. (See chart)
- The kinship caregiver is a resident of the State of Ohio and county of application.
- All income must be reported and proof of income must be submitted.
|Each Additional Person||$13,260||$1,105|