Summer Youth Employment FAQs
- Is a summer employment program still available this year?
Summer youth employment will not be offered in the traditional form this year. However, summer youth employment is an available service within the year-round Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program.
- What prompted the change?
Changes were prompted by state law and funding which resulted in new requirements on how to serve youth.
- What is CCMEP?
The Comprehensive Case Management Employment Program serves individuals 14-24 years-old who are within 200 percent of the federal poverty level. Services include case management, referrals, and barrier removal in order to move youth forward on an education or career pathway. Talbert House is the lead agency with collaborative partners: Greater Cincinnati Urban League, Hamilton County Community Action Agency and Easterseals.
- How do I become a part of CCMEP in order to access possible summer employment opportunities?
Attend one of the mandatory information sessions (link to first page) where information will be provided on the following steps to enroll in CCMEP.
- Complete a PRC Application
- Meet eligibility
- Complete enrollment process for CCMEP (including CCMEP Application, Assessment and Plan for education/employment).
- Does CCMEP have summer jobs and if so how can I be a part of that?
To be considered for CCMEP summer employment opportunities, you must be enrolled in CCMEP by March 31, 2018 and complete ALL of the following activities by May 19, 2018:
- CCMEP information session (RSVP above for new youth only).
- CCMEP Saturday morning job-readiness sessions*
- CCMEP career exploration field trip*
- CCMEP hiring event*
*Details will be provided at the Information Sessions
- Is a summer job guaranteed?
There are limited opportunities for summer employment. Youth must complete activities mentioned above and employers will make actual selections. However, there are other services CCMEP provides year-round to help youth with education, training and employment.
- Will I be paid for being in CCMEP year-round?
There are paid and unpaid activities. Employment is a paid activity, but all other CCMEP activities are unpaid. CCMEP is, however, able to cover the cost of training and other supports (such as work attire, tools, school fees, etc.) to help youth year-round. CCMEP also provides incentives for youth who do well in school, keep a job, or complete training programs.
If you have questions regarding summer opportunities through CCMEP, please call 513-482-4600.