Hamilton County Job and Family Services is able to offer a limited number of our consumers receiving Food Assistance a chance to attend truck driver training. HCJFS will pay the tuition fees and training, related costs for consumers that are selected for this program.
To be eligible for this program, a consumer must:
1. Be a current resident of Hamilton County.
2. Be eligible for and receiving Food Assistance.
3. Read, write and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public. Applicants must also be able to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language.
4. Be at least 18 years of age.
5. Have a valid driver’s license from the state in which they reside.
6. Be able to get to training, which is located in Hamilton, Ohio.
Consumers will be referred to Napier Truck Driver Training, Inc. in Hamilton. They have trained thousands of Class A CDL drivers since 1994. This training is a five week, full-time training course which operates Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. There is 40 hours of classroom training plus 120 hours of hands on equipment training. They also offer lifetime job placement, tutoring to pass the CDL, written exams and free refresher courses for up to six months after graduation. Napier Truck Driver Training, Inc. has over 30 companies that visit the school to recruit students for local, regional and over-the-road positions and may result in a salary of more than $35,000 a year!
If interested, please call 513-946-1117 or send an e-mail to email@example.com