Service, family and fatherhood.
These are the three pillars we look to highlight in the men chosen each year for our Esteemed 7 fatherhood recognition. The annual dinner takes place Nov. 16 at Great American Ball Park.
At a mixer Tuesday, these men met, networked and talked about what it means to be a father and what struggles fathers face. I look forward to getting to know them:
- Eric Rademacher, Co-director, Institute for Policy Research at the University of Cincinnati;
- Jarelle Redden, Basketball coach and Teacher, Woodward High School;
- John Forde, Greater Cincinnati Area Director, Shoes 4 the Shoeless;
- Luis Villagrana, Business Development, American Addiction Services;
- Monte Barnett, World’s Greatest Motivator, A1 Stigma Free Coalition;
- Roberto Madaris, Supervisor, RWB Properties & Construction;
- Ross Dupree, Professional Barber, Cuts Plus Barber Shop.
These men answered the call of the Esteemed 7. They are stepping in to support the mission of the Fatherhood Collaborative and to help improve the lives of fathers and families in our community. They join the seven honored last year and the seven honored in 2021.
Year by year, we are building an Esteemed 7 alumni network that will become an asset to our community. By annually adding fathers to the network, we harness their collective experiences as fathers along with their talents and their passion for service, family and fatherhood.