Hamilton County Medicaid resource guide for consumers
The quickest and easiest way to apply or renew health care benefits is to call 1-844-640-OHIO (6446) Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
You may also apply online at www.benefits.ohio.gov. There, you will answer a series of questions and your answers will direct you to the correct application for health care.
- If your income is within the current legal limit, you will be directed to the current Medicaid eligibility process (ohio.gov)
- If your income is above 205% of the Federal Poverty level, you will be directed to the Federally Facilitated Health Insurance Marketplace to shop for health care.
Visit www.healthcare.gov or www.benefits.ohio.gov to learn more, or contact HCJFS at (513) 946‑1000, option 3, and a second option 3. Representatives are available to answer questions related to eligibility for Medicaid due to the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid Expansion and answer questions about how and where to apply.
If you are unable to complete an application over the phone or online, applications are available to print from our website, www.hcjfs.org , or you can complete an application in person at our office.
Hamilton County Main Fax Number
(513) 946-1076 – The fax number is the best way to:
- Send in your Medicaid application*
- Send in verification documents as requested by HCJFS to process your online application
(Send documents for free from any Cincinnati & Hamilton County Public Library branch)
Applications can also be submitted via US mail or by utilizing the kiosk services on the 1st floor of the agency office, 222 E. Central Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202
Medicaid Expansion expands Medicaid Eligibility to 138% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) and includes adults without children (under age 65). Gross monthly income is used to determine eligibility. Click here to check eligibility.