Either the child support enforcement agency or the court will determine the amount of child support you will receive based on a state-mandated formula. If the other parent begins paying immediately as required, you should receive a first payment within a few weeks after the court sets the child support order. If you are receiving public assistance, some of your child support payments will go to the state.

Receiving Payments

You must ENROLL for electronic disbursement to receive payment. 

There are two ways to receive child support payments:

  • Direct Deposit
  • The smiONE Visa®

Check Balances

The site for obligees to check balances and payments will be www.smionecard.com.

E-quickpay cardholders can access their available balance* and transaction history securely at www.e-quickpay.com. All transaction information is displayed immediately in date and time order. Cardholders may also access balance and transaction information by calling Ohio e-QuickPay® Customer Support at 1-800-503-1283.

*If you still have a balance on the former e-quickpay card (payments posted prior to June 30, 2019)

When the Other Parent Doesn’t Pay

You will only receive child support when the other parent pays, either on his or her own, or through wage deduction. If the other parent is not making payments, there are many actions you and your child support worker can take. Some actions are mild, such as reporting non-payment to the Credit Bureau. Some actions are more serious, such as suspending the other parent’s driver’s license. It depends on the problem. Your child support worker can help guide you through the process.