About Non-Emergency Transportation
Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) is a statewide program administered by Hamilton County Job and Family Services for Medicaid eligible customers. NET provides transportation to and from Medicaid providers. Transportation authorization may be in the form of bus passes, van services, Access tickets or mileage reimbursement. NET Requests must be submitted five days before transportation is needed.
What other transportation programs are available through Medicaid?
These services must be accessed prior to NET:
- Long-term Care Facility transportation
- Ambulance and Ambulette transportation
- Hospice transportation
These services may be accessed prior to NET:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- Managed Care Plans (MCPs)
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver programs
Questions about theses services should be directed to the Bureau of Health Plan Policy at (614) 466-6420 or the Consumer Hotline at 1-800-324-8680.
Do I Qualify for NET?
NET services to and from a medical appointment may be provided to:
- Customers eligible for and in receipt of a regular Medicaid card
Note: Customers must be able to transfer from a wheelchair to a vehicle independently, and the wheelchair must easily folded and easily stored.
To find out if you are eligible call:
- Call 946-1000, option 6 (best and fastest) or
- Submit a Non-Emergency Transportation Request