Social Security Is Available By Phone
- Social Security remains committed to providing uninterrupted benefits and vital services for our public. We want people to know we are ready and able to help them by phone with most Social Security matters!
- Although our offices are not providing service for walk-in visitors, we may be able to schedule an appointment for limited, critical issues if we cannot help someone by phone and/or
- Your clients can speak with a representative by calling us at 800-772-1213 8am to 5:30pm weekdays, or contacting a local office by phone (or fax) from 9am to 4pm weekdays. All local office phone and fax numbers can be found online at ssa.gov/locator.
- NEW: Please see the attached flyer for display or distribution. You are welcome to print this as needed – you can fill in the local Social Security office phone number found at ssa.gov/locator. Or contact one of us for your local office phone options. We can also help you get a limited supply of flyers in the attached 8.5 x11 size or a legal size option if you are displaying materials in your agency.
Social Security Is Available Online – NEW Services Now in Ohio!
- Please encourage your clients to call or take advantage of our secure and convenient online services to:
- Apply for Retirement, Disability, and Medicare benefits;
- Use the mySocialSecurity account to estimate benefits, check the status of an application/appeal, or print a benefit verification letter;
- New in Ohio: Request a replacement Social Security card using the mySocialSecurity account;
- New: Upload forms/documents for Medicare Part B Special Enrollment Period online!! Go to www.ssa.gov/medicare and scroll down to “Already Enrolled in Medicare” or go directly to www.ssa.gov/Medicare-PartB-SEP.
- Our updated retirement hub page ssa.gov/retire is easy to follow, with Learn-Apply-Manage sections. The retirement page also links directly to our calculators which help you drill down into benefit information!
Social Security Deadline Extensions in the Pandemic
- We know that getting medical and other documentation can be difficult due to the pandemic. We continue to extend deadlines wherever possible.
- If clients have missed a deadline, please have them call the local office to discuss their individual situation.
Webinars and Educational Trainings with Social Security
- Thanks to those of you who participated in our educational sessions throughout the past few months.
- Although at this time we are unable to host additional webinars, we are available to schedule individualized sessions for your group or staff – we can tailor the session to your educational needs.
- Reach out to us via email and let us know what platform you prefer for the remote session, and we can talk details as to what topics you wish to cover for your staff (ie-disability, Medicare A/B enrollment, etc).
As always, thanks for all you are doing to help our communities and beneficiaries during this time. Again, please share the attached flyer with other interested parties – and don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions, to schedule a webinar, or just to be in touch.
Social Security Public Affairs – Central and Southern Ohio
Greater Dayton/Springfield: Theresa Busher Theresa.Busher@ssa.gov
Metro Cincinnati: Kelly Draggoo Kelly.Draggoo@ssa.gov
Columbus and Surrounding Area: Dan Damceski Daniel.Damceski@ssa.gov