Hamilton County Job and Family Services Child Care covers part of the cost of child care for eligible low and moderate-income families. In order for a provider to care for children of families receiving publicly-funded child care, the provider must be licensed by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

Criminal Background Check Process

All JFS 01175 Request for Criminal Background Check for Child Care must be submitted via the OPR.  Programs cannot create accounts and submit or sign the JFS 01175 on behalf of staff, employees or residents. Profiles in the OPR must be owned and controlled by the individual staff, employee or resident. Programs are required to link employees and residents to their program in the OPR and keep all individuals currently employed by the program or currently residing in the home linked to the program.

Becoming a Provider

There are three types of Child Care Opportunities. If you want to provide child care services to families that are eligible for the publicly-funded child care program, you must be licensed.

Click here for more information on opening a Child Care Center or a Family Child Care Program.

For additional resources and information, please visit the ODJFS Child Care page here.