Each time a provider adds a new child to their a care, a “Child Care Connection” must be completed so the provider can be authorized or “connected” to the child. Without this connection, a child will not be authorized to receive care from the provider, the child will not show as a registered child in TAP (KinderConnect) and the provider cannot be reimbursed for the care provided.

Please click REPORT A CHILD CARE CONNECTION below and complete the form to report a new Hamilton County child in your care. The form can also be used to report a terminated relationship between a provider and a Hamilton County child. Once submitted, please allow 5 business days for the family to show active in TAP.

* This is a new form – all mandatory fields indicated with a red asterisk must be completed.

Report A Child Care Connection

If you are still having trouble deciding if you need to report a connection, or understanding what a connection is, the following information may be helpful.

When do I need to report a child care connection?

Providers and/or caretakers (parents) should report child care connections in advance, but no later than the first day of care. Hamilton County Job and Family Services (HCJFS) cannot back-date authorizations for care. If HCJFS is not informed of the child care connection prior to the first day of care, the authorization will begin on the day the child care connection was reported.

There are two circumstances when the provider or caretaker is required to report a child care connection.

1. The caretaker (parent) selects a provider for the first time

Once the caretaker (parent) is approved for child care services, he or she will need to select a day care provider for his or her child if they have not already done so. As soon as the caretaker (parent) reaches an agreement with the selected provider for care, either the provider or the caretaker (parent) MUST report it.

2. If a caretaker (parent) decides to change providers

After a child has begun receiving care, the caretaker (parent) may decide that he or she wants to change to a new provider. At that point, the new provider or caretaker (parent) must report a child care connection.

Caretakers (parents) changing providers may only switch to the new provider at the beginning of the service week (Sunday). All changes in providers will begin on Sunday.

The former provider should also report future end-dated terminations. HCJFS cannot remove children from the provider’s web that have authorizations with a past end-date.

Should the provider or caretaker (parent) report the connection?

Either the caretaker (parent) or provider can report the connection, but not both.

Caretakers (parents) and providers should first decide who will report the child care connection and then ensure the reporting party has all the relevant information including the:

  • Child’s name
  • Caretaker’s (parent’s) name
  • Provider’s name
  • License number (for child care centers & type A homes) or Provider ID (for home providers)
  • Level of care to be provided (hourly, part-time, full-time or full-time plus)
  • Caretaker’s (parent’s) case number or the child’s social security number
  • Child’s first day at the new provider

Incomplete or inaccurate information could result in a processing delay or denial of the request.

 HCJFS 7818 (REV. 4-12)