Changes in your work or school schedule may mean changes in your child care arrangements. Different types of changes should be reported to different places.

Information about you

All changes in your address, income, family size and work or approved activity must be reported within 10 days of the change.

Report a change in your information

A change in hours

If you need to change the hours your child receives care, you may not need to report it. First discuss your needs with your provider. When you are approved for child care, you are approved for a specific category of care. The categories are:

  • Hourly – 0 to 7 hours
  • Part-time – 7 to 24.9 hours
  • Full-time – 25 to 60 hours
  • Full-time plus – more than 60 hours

With agreement from your provider, you can change the specific hours and days you receive child care services so long as you do not exceed the maximum number of hours in your category of care.

If you need to change your category of care, you will need to contact Hamilton County Job and Family Services (HCJFS) Child Care Services at (513) 946-1800. You may be asked to supply documentation supporting your request, such as a letter from your employer.

A change in providers

You must plan in advance before changing child care providers. Please advise your current provider of your intent to start at a new location and make the change at the beginning of a new service week (Sunday through Saturday).

Changes must be reported to HCJFS by you and/or your providers. Without this child care connection, a child will not be authorized to attend the new provider and the Ohio Electronic Child Care (ECC) swipe card will not work or record attendance at the new location.

Report a change in providers

Terminate child care

Tell your providers and HCJFS Child Care Services as soon as possible if you no longer need child care. HCJFS will send a notice to close your case.